Sunday, July 01, 2007

First day in Australia...

Well, after the very long two months waiting, I finally get to travel to Australia for my student exchange programme for 6 months. At first was worried about the visa approval might delay my flight but I was lucky that it was approved on the 28th of June, which is 2 days before my departure date, imagine the stress...Well, I reached Changi around 4.30pm for early check in but I was shocked that my luggage limit exceeded 7kgs...I was like omg, I dun want to pay for the excess baggage charges lor,so was forced to remove some of my clothes and stuffs, but in the end i still exceed about 1.5kgs, but thanks to the land officer, thanks to his "close one eye"ness, I manage to escape the surcharges..Haha..Lucky...Well, took quite a lot of pictures with my friends who sent me off, thank to peishan (M.D.), Weichao, Zixian, Daniel and Wanling. Thanks for the early bday present from them too...Haha...Really appreciate it lor...But too bad all the pictures are in peishan's camera, so will try to get it from her someday and upload those lor...By the way, I thought I was almost gonna miss my flight cause didn't realise that the flight is having it's last call cause was busy chatting...But luckily I manage to rush to the gate before it's close lor..Phew...Okay, here comes the pictures...

Sydney's luggage belt...

After I came out from the checkpoint, I got myself a prepaid card (Vodafone) and contacted my friend, Shijun. Who came with his parents and brought me to some places in sydney. Went to visit Shijun's Uni, University of Sydney. Well, the place really gave me a Hogward's feeling(Harry Potter anyone??), Expecto Patronus!!!

University of Sydney

After that we went to the fishmarket and had some very fresh oysters, it was that fresh until you won't feel the metallic aftertaste which we usually taste in S'pore's or M'sia's oysters. And it's consider cheap for the price of A$7plus for 6 fresh oysters.

Then we went Chinatown of Australia to have our lunch. A$6.80 for 3 course Indonesian and Malay mixed rice. It's consider cheap over there liao...Another places can even reach A$9!!!


Australia's Chinatown

To be continued.....

2 comments:

Ashley Yip said...

hey~mdb!Everything is alright there? Haha...can I have ur add there? The photos...Which email account can I send to?

Unknown said...

Well, I still haven't move into my hostel yet. Will give you my hall's address when I get it. Well, you can send it to my hotmail lor...Take care, md..