Monday, August 20, 2007

Day 31 to Day 36

Alright, went out for my housemate's bday celebration half way during my last post so had to cut it short...Let's continue...
Day 31 in Evatt (7 Aug)
Another normal day, was busy blogging, and cooking for this (spent about 1 hour to prepare and cook...)...
Chicken chop with mushroom gravy, mashed potato and salad...
Doesn't look good but taste great... 
Day 32 in Evatt (8 Aug)
As usual, nothing happened...Oh, maybe show you guys again what I had that night...
Indomee with egg and......Behold....
My favourite Bak ding...Haha...Didn't expect to find it here..A$0.99 each..Not too ex...
Doesn't looks nice cause I just microwaved it and it had some small explosions...Haha...
And that night was our block dessert night again (Ten of us divided into pairs, each pair need to prepare something for the whole block each week) Last time we had "Heaven", this week, Nath and Kiri made choco pudding and topped it with ice-cream...
It was fantabulous...
Day 33 in Evatt (9 Aug)
Had my developmental lab again today...Was dealing with some Galeolaria caespitosa, a type of tube forming polychaete, tube-worm for short. Testing on the effect of colchicine and cytochalasin B (cytoskeletal disruptive drugs) to the normal cleavage process of the fertilized eggs..First of all, I want to show this....
Recycled pipette tips...OMG, we use and throw away like nobody's business in NTU...
The whole chunk was formed by tube-worms..
We pulled them out from their tubes...
Collected their sperms...
And eggs...
Mixed them...
And put it under the microscope...
2 cells stage...
8 cells stage...and it turned to this...
Haha...
Day 34 in Evatt (10 Aug)
These were my dinner...
Tofu with shittake mushrooms, and tuna pasta..
Day 35 in Evatt (11 Aug)
Went to MYSUN badminton tournament (missed some of the action cause overslept...lol, so no photos..) and as usual was busy with lab reports and some studies for the quizzes...

Day 36 in Evatt (12 Aug)
Well, finally something exciting after a few boring days...Went to MYSUN's MSD (Malaysian Students Department) gathering in the morning and badminton finals afterwards...Photos...
Tuan Hj Musa, his wife and I forgot the third guy's name...Damn...
Malay food is still the best...When you eat it the Malay style..
Australia's 2nd tallest indoor climbing wall...
The winners..
Group photo...A must...
And sadly, candid shot of me having my second helping..Damn, I looked like hungry ghost...Thanks for the shot, Ray..Haha...

Well, I think I'll pause here...Stay tuned...

To be continued...

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm an Australian girl from sydney and I was thinking about going to Newcastle uni and Evatt house next year, but I wasn't sure what the student environment would be like. You blog has been so helpful!!! It sounds really fun!
Thankyou for doing such detailed and frequent posts! You have helped me heaps :)

haha they're very funny too

Unknown said...

Hi Lucy,

You are welcomed. You can add me on Facebook for more info on Evatt House. My email add is junkcollector85@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
KB