Friday, August 03, 2007

Day 9 to Day 20...

I'm back...Just finished my reproductive physiology and development lab report...Hellish it was...I hate phase contrast microscope...Haha..Can someone just engineer something like life-time microscope with a 40 inch display. All EM kills the specimen, too bad...Anyway, continue my story...Less words, more pictures...
Day 9 in Evatt (16 July)
First day of school and is the hellish day of the week, neurobio anatomy lab in the morning and 6 hours continuous lectures but all three lectures at different places. I hate to rush for lectures. [Lectures suppose to be Lek je (Relek sahaja)...Malay, means relax only]..Haha...-_-''' Hmm...Seems like my lame jokes only work in S'pore and M'sia...Dunno why Aussie don't appreciate those and their sense of humour are different, find it quite special but not sure whether it's good in S'pore or not..Haha..Hope that I get to upgrade my level...Muwahahaha...I shall bring winter to S'pore n M'sia, brace yourself with Kathmandu jackets...lol...(Wel, maybe all my leng xiao hua (cold jokes) will become re xiao hua (hot jokes) lor...Haha... 
Day 10 in Evatt (17 July)
Another day of school...Nothing special.Had advance research design lecture.Learn the grant application writing and stuffs, because it was the first lecture, 3 hours lecture only lasted 2 hrs..Haha....Watched Spider Lilies (Ci Qing) after school...I think it's quite a nice show although it has sensitive topics lor...And I managed to finished first season of Heroes last week..Yay...The show is damn nice, something like X-men TV series, you just want to know what are the abilities of the characters, for those fans of the series, try and get the official comics (they call it graphic novel) from wikipedia (you can get from Heroes's official website i think) to know more about the stories behind each character, I kinda like Wireless, she has the power of tapping into the internet anytime anywhere, although she hates the company which evoke their potentials, she's willing to sacrifice the chance of taking down the company in order to save another person.Not blinded by hatred. Although mimicry is much more powerful but im not greedy lor..Haha..For those who don't understand what i'm talking about (actually im kind of outdated too, until now only finished the series..lol) please use wikipedia..This time won't put the link liao...Just set it to your home page..lol..Can't wait for the second season....Went to watch Harry Potter OotF with housemates...A$8.50 per tic, cheapest tic on tues...Well, since the book is the thickest, i guess the hairloss of the director is directly proportional to the thickness of the book. But he did a decent job, though no Quidditch and lots of scenes were removed, maybe catered for those first timers for Harry, enable them to understand the story line (Who the hell dunno Harry Potter, but 3 hours is the maximum my butt and bladder can take, Haha...Except LOTR, i simply forget my micturition..lol..)
Day 11 in Evatt (18 July)
Another day of advance research design discussion, discussed about bionic eyes and urinary control restoration, the feasibility and stuffs, the way they present the paper, pin-point the problems in the paper, etc..Kind of interesting..Each week will have different lecturers from different field to introduce their field of interest and interesting papers from their field and we can get first hand information of the processing grant application. Cool har...Maybe I'll try their idea in S'pore...Haha...*Rubbing palms*
Day 12 in Evatt (19 July)
No lab for this week...Haha....Relek one corner again...(Malays can't live in a round room cause they will have no corner for them to relek...lol..Oops..My bad) At night we went out for Kiri's pre-bday bash celebration, went for Thai food...OMG...It was expensive lor...A$14 for a thai style fried rice (The cheapest!!!).. Tony Ja costs A$20 (Tom Yum Goong...lol..If still don't understand, he is the main actor of the movie lar..stars Ong Bak too)..Finally have some photos...Hope you all are not bored by my stories..lol...

Parties without alcohols are meaningless..lol
From left, Kiri, Nathan, Aimee, Alex (blocked), Muners, Bec and Maree (blocked)
The A$14 fried rice!!!
Special water bottle (For Mountain tortoise like me)

Day 13 in Evatt (20 July)
Slackest day for the week, only three hours of lectures...lol...But at shitty times (12-1pm, 2-4pm)..Neurology this time..Well, seems like im taking two neuro subject this sem..Haha..Well, actually this course is a big mix of all the stuffs the year one nurses suppose to learn (Neurology, Pharmacology, Immunology, Microbiology, Genetics)..Each hour is a lecture and currently the lecture notes are 50+ slides for each lectures...Not including tut, their tut is basically another 1 hour lecture and 1 hour tutorial discussion (another 50+ slides)...3 hours lectures and 2 hours tutorial for this course..Xiong ler...Well, the good thing is the exam is only 120 MCQs. But we have lots of mini tests...Don't think that nursing courses are easy wor...They must at least know 70% of what the doc knows..
Anyway, today is the big day for Kiri...Haha..Her 21st b'day...Aussies celebrate their b'day specially when they are 18 and 21..Well, what I want to say is Kiri's dad makes very nice lamb chops...OMG...They are inchiban sia...My parotid, sublingual, and submandibular gland all activated just by thinking of it...Alright..More pictures...

Tortillas and chips for Entree
Hand-made cake from Maitland
They usually have speeches before the cake cutting ceremony
I forgot what she's hitting already, those who know, enlighten me...
She missed
And is the sip sip cheer again..A glass downed in one breath..Still can't catch what they cheering
Somebody tried
Bull's eye
Happy 21st Kiri...

Day 14 in Evatt (21 July)
Well, another normal slacked day...Watched a few movies, 300 (Yup, I'm that slow), TopGear (shows about cars..interesting..They played football with Toyota Aygo to test its responds etc but in the end, things get rough..lol..) Nathan made Nachos...Haha...He's a great cook, think I'll learn some from him someday...Haha..But now I know how to make Nachos le...Haha....
Well, it was the eve of my 22nd bday, as usual there was chatting and drinking session. But still I can't take fermentated liquids..lol...But in the end, they made a mild coke whisky for me and there was the sip sip cheer and I managed to down it...Haha...It tastes good, far more better than cheap beers...Haha...
Day 15 in Evatt (22 July)
Well, another year older...Now can introduce myself like Eikichi Onizuka (G.T.O) already (Watashiwa Kheng Boon, ni-ju-ni soi..Yorushiku..lol) Well, it was a normal day with some sms wishes, calls, etc. Basically slacked the whole day and read the free book i got from this german dude who was having very serious excess baggage problem at Changi (Zixian, where's you book? Threw already?)At night, my housemates brought me to this nice restaurant for dinner, what I can say is the foods are consider cheap and good lor (Still cost A$10 per meal) ordered fish and chip..Haha..Afterthat, they gave me this as my b'day present.

The fish and chips
A Uni of Newcastle jumper, Thanks guys....

After we went back to Evatt, they gave me another surprise...Haha..Ice-cream birthday cake...Cool...It was a totally ice-cream...Thanks again...


Day 16 in Evatt (23 July)
Another hellish monday....Weather still cold..Brought a hot water bottle to school to warm my palms..lol..
Day 17 in Evatt (24 July)
Nothing special happened...
Day 18 in Evatt (25 July)
Just another normal day of lectures and tutorials....
Day 19 in Evatt (26 July)
Well, today is something special for all the Uni of Newcastle students. It's the eve of our autonomy day...It's the day when Uni of Newcastle became autonomic from Uni of New South Wales...It was normal in the morning, but don't get deceived by the calm before storm...Haha..People are already formulating what to do later at night and the actual day, most of the on-campus residents will wake up at 3am in the morning to celebrate and drink....
Day 20 in Evatt (27 July)
Woke up by the noise at 3am...They just simply blast the music and knock on people's door vigorously to wake people up..Well, bobian...No use to go back to sleep when everyone is high..And luckily my lesson only starts at 2pm..Haha..So just get out of my warm room and armed myself with camera...I was shocked when I stepped out the block...Guess what they did to the Quad....

They decorated it with toilet papers...
Kinda eerie..


Afterthat, went back to my block and saw Nathan and Muners already preparing their punch thingy...Haha...Not fruit punch, this one has one helluva alcohol content in it...


First, almost a bottle of Vodka...

Mixed with fruit juice and some white wine...
Add some sodas...
Some diced fruits and most important, taste test...(Nathan: "Like shit")
The others helped themselves with free breakkies...Bacons, eggs and breads..

The RA (Resident Associates) busy preparing breakkies...
But when the music gets loud....

Evattians...
Me, Amanda, and Sabrina (I think, haha...From Korea, Shijun, your type??)
Get nailed like Jesus....They offered me but I dun dare to wear..lol
When people get a bit drunk....(Lisa and Rheegs)
They start to do funny stuffs....

Their normal judgement and control affected by -OH groups...
And they just can't hold on to a pack of ice...lol...

Alright, I think I'll stop now, almost 3am in the morning already, luckily I finished my lab report and tomorrow's class starts at 12pm...Haha...Alright, stay tune for more events...

To be continued....

No comments: